Friday, April 25, 2014

Hearth Updates

Yesterday with the post about my sweet Ikea hack, a few of you may have noticed the difference in the planters on the hearth from the 'before' pic.

 Before:
After [and after I realized I should just turn off the TV for living room photos]:

I added a much-needed pop of green and life, in the form of rubber succulents, that I picked up super cheap at Hobby Lobby:
 And I love them.  For some reason I mostly kill succulents [aren't they supposed to live forever no matter what? Or am I the only one under whose care they wither and die?]  So I picked all these up for about $15.
I also cleaned up the look of the side table on the right, with some books and a real plant [those, I can keep alive].  But if you look closer...
It also houses our DirecTV receiver, Roku, and BluRay player.  We have to have them, and I'd rather not see them, so I disguised them by putting a bunch of other stuff around.
Now on to a solution to hide all of the wires...... To Be Continued!

1 comment:

  1. To hide wires, could you maybe get a thick, old book and gut out a chunk inside and make a groove for the wires to be stuck inside to hide wires? Just a thought, no idea if it would work.. Your home looks awesome...thank you for sharing the progress!

    ReplyDelete